2-Day Tour » Jbel Toubkal Ascent from Imlil » Morocco
2-Day Mount Toubkal Ascent from Imlil that takes you to visit amazing places in Morocco such as Toubkal National Park, and Jbel Toubkal – the highest mountain in North Africa, reaching 4167 m. This is one of our Imlil trekking tours with hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Day 1: Imlil – Neltner Refuge (Base Camp)
- Day 2: Toubkal Refuge (Base Camp) – Toubkal Peak – Imlil
- Should you have any trouble with being that far above sea level, Brahim and Mohamed are more than happy to spend a couple of days before the ascent journeying through the nearby villages, at a much lower altitude until you acclimatize. This is a common method for preventing altitude sickness and gives you a fantastic opportunity to explore more of the Atlas region.
- This trek can be extended to include neighboring peaks such as Ouankrim (4068m), Tizi Melloul (4000m), or the Taghaghart Plateau.
- It is possible to do the ascent in winter, but it will require the use of crampons and some experience of mountain trekking in winter conditions. Contact Mohamed and Brahim for more information.
Day 1: Imlil – Neltner Refuge (Base Camp)
The first day, trekking heading out from Imlil (1740 m) will take about 5, 5 hours. You will head toward the Neltner Refuge, at 3207m, and, depending on the conditions, stay the night at the Toubkal Refuge itself or in a tent. There will be mules to carry supplies and baggage and a guide to ensure you are on the best route for your group and that you are safe.
Day 2: Toubkal Refuge (Base Camp) – Toubkal Peak – Imlil
An early start will take you to the top of Jbel Toubkal, the highest peak in North Africa at 4167 m. From the summit, there is an incomparable view of the Atlas Mountains, the Sahara Desert, and the surrounding valleys.
Looking out from the summit, you will see that the High Atlas Mountains stretch out in three directions. They cover an eastward section of land from the Atlantic Coast to the Moroccan-Algerian border. In the southwest, they terminate at the Anti-Atlas Mountain range, and in the north, they finish at the city of Marrakech.
The time you spend at the top will depend on the weather. Normally, you will have around 30 minutes at the summit and then descend to the refuge for lunch. The day involves around 8-9 hours of walking and finishes back in Imlil.
- Private 4X4 vehicle with A/C + fuel.
- English speaking driver/guide.
- Pick up & drop off at your hotel in Imlil.
- Accommodation with dinner and breakfast.
- A walking tour in the Atlas.
- Adequate time to explore places, stop for photos, and toilet.
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fees
- Drinks and extra snacks
- Tips and gratuities
- Whatever not mentioned as included