3-Day Tour » Chigaga Dunes from Zagora » Morocco
2-Nights desert excursion from Zagora that takes you to visit amazing places in Morocco such as Erg Chigaga Dunes, Mhamid, Tamgroute, Zagora, and Draa Valley. This is one of our Zagora desert tours with hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Day 1: Zagora – Mhamid – Erg Chigaga Dunes
- Day 2: Erg Chigaga Dunes
- Day 3: Erg Chigaga Dunes – Draa Valley – Tamegroute – Zagora
Day 1: Zagora – Mhamid – Erg Chigaga
Departure from Zagora around 13:00 towards Erg Chegaga through Tizi Anagame and Ben Selmane. Then you discover the desert by going off-road for 2 hours to reach the big dunes of Erg Chigaga, where you arrive well before the sunset. Enjoy the campfire and star-gaze. Dinner and overnight in Berber nomadic tents.
Day 2: Erg Chigaga
Day at leisure in the Sahara Desert. Camel-trek out from camp after breakfast and then walk to explore the tallest dunes. Lunch is included today. Possibly take a short ride out in the 4×4 before returning to camp in time for sunset. Dinner and overnight in Berber nomadic tents.
Day 3: Erg Chigaga Dunes – Draa Valley – Tamegroute – Zagora
Sunrise over the Sahara desert is a magical moment not to be missed. After breakfast at the camp, we will leave Chigaga toward Zagora, taking the direction of the last village in Draa Valley by another off-road. On our way back we will make a stop to visit the Koranic library in Tamagroute. Arrival in Zagora around noon.
- Private 4X4 vehicle with A/C + fuel.
- English speaking driver/guide.
- Pick up & drop off at your hotel in Zagora.
- 2 nights in a traditional nomad desert camp with dinner and breakfast.
- Camel trekking in the desert.
- Adequate time to explore places, stop for photos, and toilet.
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation in Zagora
- Entrance fees to all the sites and monuments
- Drinks and extra snacks
- Tips and gratuities
- Whatever not mentioned as included