3-Day Tour » Lihoudi & Chigaga Dunes from Zagora » Morocco
3-Day desert tour from Zagora that takes you to visit amazing places in Morocco such as Erg Chigaga Dunes, Erg Lihoudi Dunes, and Zagora. This is one of our Zagora desert tours with hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Day 1: Zagora – Oulad Driss – Erg Lihoudi Dunes
- Day 2: Erg Lihoudi Dunes – Draa River – Erg Chigaga Dunes
- Day 3: Erg Chigaga Dunes – Draa Valley – Tamagroute – Zagora
Day 1: Zagora – Oulad Driss – Erg Lihoudi Dunes
Departure from Zagora at 14 pm by car or taxi to Oulad Driss. The camels are waiting for your arrival, 2 hours trekking by camels towards Erg Lihoudi across the dunes and tamaris trees. Arrival at the camp. After sunset, dinner is served under a nomadic tent and an evening with the local atmosphere begins. Depending on your choice, you sleep in a tent or under the stars on the dunes.
Day 2: Erg Lihoudi Dunes – Draa River – Erg Chigaga Dunes
In the morning, after having breakfast we cross the Ouadi Draa by camel in a place with big dunes and tamaris trees. Lunch under a big tamarisk tree. In the afternoon, departure by 4×4 to cross a major step in the hamada (rocky desert), and continuing through the track until Erg Chigaga – the biggest dunes of southern Morocco. After the sunset dinner will be served. Overnight in a Berber tent at the camp.
Day 3: Erg Chigaga Dunes – Draa Valley – Tamagroute – Zagora
Sunrise over the Sahara desert is a magical moment not to be missed – get up early. Enjoy breakfast at the camp before hitting the road in the direction of the last village in the Draa Valley by another track. On the way back to Zagora, you will visit the Koranic library in Tamagroute. Arrival in Zagora around noon.
- English speaking driver/guide.
- Pick up & drop off at your hotel in Zagora.
- 2 nights in a traditional nomad desert camp with dinner and breakfast.
- Camel trekking in the desert.
- Adequate time to explore places, stop for photos, and toilet.
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Entrance tickets to monuments
- Drinks and extra snacks
- Tips and gratuities
- Whatever not mentioned as included