4-Day Tour » Chigaga Dunes from Marrakech » Morocco
4-day desert tour from Marrakech that takes you to visit amazing places in Morocco such as Telouet, Ksar Ait Ben Haddou (UNESCO site), Ouarzazate, Draa Valley, Erg Chigaga Dunes, Zagora, and Lake Iriqui. This is one of our Marrakech desert tours with hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas Mountains – Telouet – Ait Ben Haddou
- Day 2: Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Draa Valley – Erg Chigaga Dunes
- Day 3: Erg Chigaga Dunes
- Day 4: Erg Chigaga Dunes – Lake Iriqui – Foum Zguid – Marrakech
Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas Mountains – Telouet – Ait Ben Haddou
Depart at 8 am from Marrakech in direction of the fortified village of Ait Ben Haddou, the UNESCO World Heritage Site in southern Morocco. Traverse the High Atlas Mountains via the highest main road pass in Morocco (at 2260m), offering some exhilarating driving via lush valleys and traditional Berber villages. On the way visiting Kasbah Glaoui in Telouet and then following the course of the beautiful Ounila Valley to reach Ait Ben Haddou. Ait Ben Haddou is essentially a living museum and has been used as the backdrop in many international movies. You will overnight just outside this village, in a restored kasbah guest-house.
Day 2: Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Draa Valley – Erg Chigaga Dunes
Drive today to the great dunes of Erg Chigaga. The route follows the course of the Draa River, passing via Agdz, Zagora, and M’hamid El Ghezlane (where you’ll leave the tarmac road behind). Drive off-road for 2hrs to reach the desert camp, arriving well before the sunset. Enjoy the campfire and star-gaze. Dinner and overnight in Berber nomadic tents.
Day 3: Erg Chigaga Dunes
Day at leisure in the Sahara Desert. Camel-trek out from camp after breakfast and then walk to explore the tallest dunes. Lunch is included today. Possibly take a short ride out in the 4×4 before returning to camp in time for sunset. Overnight at Berber camp once more.
Day 4: Erg Chigaga Dunes – Lake Iriqui – Foum Zguid – Marrakech
After early breakfast, we drive back to Marrakech. We leave the desert through a different route, to reach the tarmac road at Foum Zguid (after 3 hours off-road drive via the dried salt flats at Lake Iriqui). Follow the route north via Tazenakht to once more join the route across the High Atlas mountain range. Expect to reach Marrakech late afternoon / early evening.
- Private 4X4 vehicle with A/C + fuel.
- English speaking driver/guide.
- Pick up & drop off at your hotel in Marrakech.
- Accommodation with dinner and breakfast.
- Lunch on day 2.
- Overnight in a traditional nomad desert camp.
- Camel trekking in the desert.
- Adequate time to explore places, stop for photos, and toilet.
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation in Marrakech
- Entrance fees to all the sites and monuments
- Drinks and extra snacks
- Tips and gratuities
- Whatever not mentioned as included