5-Day Tour » Chigaga Dunes from Marrakech » Morocco
5-day desert tour from Marrakech that takes you to visit amazing places in Morocco such as Telouet, Ksar Ait Ben Haddou (UNESCO site), Ouarzazate, Draa Valley, Zagora, Erg Lihoudi Dunes, Erg Chigaga Dunes, and Iriqui Lake. This is one of our Marrakech desert tours with hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Day 1: Marrakech – Telouet – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate
- Day 2: Ouarzazate – Agdz – Tamnougale – Draa Valley – Zagora
- Day 3: Zagora – Tamegrout – Erg Lihoudi Dunes – Erg Chigaga Dunes
- Day 4: Erg Chigaga Dunes – Iriqui Lake – Taznakht – Ouarzazate
- Day 5: Ouarzazate – Cinema studio – Marrakech
Day 1: Marrakech – Telouet – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate
Departure in the early morning towards Ouarzazate. After the Tizi n’Tichka (2260 m high) we take the road of Telouet to visit Kasbah Glaoui. We continue through the caravans ancient road (32Km), passing by some small Berber villages to reach the fortified village of Ait Ben Haddou. After visiting this UNESCO site we continue our way to Ouarzazate where you will spend a night in a hotel.
Day 2: Ouarzazate – Agdz – Tamnougale – Draa Valley – Zagora
Departure from Ouarzazate towards Zagora passing by Tizi N’Tinififft (1660 m high), we will have a short stop for lunch in Agdz. 10km later we take the off-road to Tamnougale Kasbah, and continue off-road (32KM) along the side of Draa Valley with its date palm oasis and ancient Kasbahs, we reach Zagora by the evening. Dinner and overnight in a hotel.
Day 3: Zagora – Tamegrout – Erg Lihoudi Dunes – Erg Chigaga Dunes
After your breakfast, a departure from Zagora at 10 am. We visit the Koranic library, pottery factory, and the underground kasbah in Tamegrout. From Tamgroute we take another road across Draa Valley passing by the oasis of Ouled Brahim and its beautiful Kasbahs to join the road on the other side of the valley. Lunch in the dunes of Erg Lihoudi then an hour camel ride in the dunes, and continue by off-road (64Km) to Erg Chigaga Dunes, the vastest dunes in southern Morocco. Dinner and overnight in a camp with Berber tents.
Day 4: Erg Chigaga Dunes – Iriqui Lake – Taznakht – Ouarzazate
After sunrise over the dunes and breakfast departure for Foum Zguid, passing by Iriqui Lake and a desert plateau covered with acacias trees. Lunch in Taznakht. We continue to Ouarzazate and arrive late afternoon. Accommodation and dinner in a hotel.
Day 5: Ouarzazate – Cinema studio – Marrakech
After your breakfast, we will make a city tour of Ouarzazate visiting Taourirt Kasbah and Atlas movie studio. After this tour, we leave for Marrakech. Lunch in Taddert village in the mountains. Arriving in Marrakech in the late afternoon.
- Private 4X4 vehicle with A/C + fuel.
- English speaking driver/guide.
- Pick up & drop off at your hotel in Marrakech.
- Accommodation with dinner and breakfast.
- Lunch on Day 3.
- Camel trekking in the desert.
- Overnight in a traditional nomad desert camp.
- Adequate time to explore places, stop for photos, and toilet.
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation in Marrakech
- Entrance fees to all the sites and monuments
- Drinks and extra snacks
- Tips and gratuities
- Whatever not mentioned as included