6-Day Tour » Chigaga Dunes & Essaouira from Marrakech » Morocco
6-day desert tour from Marrakech that takes you to visit amazing places in Morocco such as Telouet, Ksar Ait Ben Haddou (UNESCO site), Ouarzazate, Draa Valley, Zagora, Erg Lihoudi Dunes, Erg Chigaga Dunes, Taroudant, and Essaouira. This is one of our Marrakech desert tours with hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Day 1: Marrakech – Telouet – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate
- Day 2: Ouarzazate – Agdz – Draa Valley – Zagora
- Day 3: Zagora – Tamgroute – Erg Lihoudi Dunes – Erg Chigaga Dunes
- Day 4: Erg Chigaga Dunes – Lake Iriqui – Taznakht – Taroudant
- Day 5: Taroudant – Essaouira
- Day 6: Essaouira – Marrakech
Day 1: Marrakech – Telouet – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate
Departure in the early morning towards Ouarzazate. After Tizi n’Tichka (2260 m) we take the road to Telouet to visit Kasbah Glaoui. We continue through the caravans ancient road (32Km), passing by some small Berber villages to reach the fortified village of Ait Ben Haddou. After visiting this UNESCO site we continue our way to Ouarzazate where you will spend a night in a hotel.
Day 2: Ouarzazate – Agdz – Draa Valley – Zagora
Departure towards Zagora by the Tizi-n-Tinififft (1660 m), a shortstop in Agdz, and then we continue to Zagora along Draa Valley side with its date palm oasis and ancient Kasbahs. Lunch in Tamnougalt Kasbah. Accommodation and dinner tonight are in a hotel in Zagora.
Day 3: Zagora – Tamgroute – Erg Lihoudi Dunes – Erg Chigaga Dunes
After your breakfast, we leave Zagora at 10 am. We stop in Tamegrout to visit the Koranic library, the underground kasbah, and the local pottery. In Tamgroute we take another road across Draa Valley to pass by the oasis of Ouled Brahim with its beautiful Kasbah to join the road on the other side of the valley. Lunch in the dunes of Erg Lihoudi then an hour camel ride in the dunes, and we continue by off-road (64Km) to Chigaga. Dinner and overnight in a camp with Berber tents.
Day 4: Erg Chigaga Dunes – Lake Iriqui – Taznakht – Taroudant
After your breakfast we leave to Taliouin taking the off-road between Erg Chigaga and Lake Iriqui, then we reach Foum Zguid. We continue on-road through Taznakht, we make a pause to visit the cooperative carpet. After lunch, we take the road to Taroudant, known as “little Marrakech”. After visiting Taroudant, drive to the hotel for dinner and accommodation.
Day 5: Taroudant – Essaouira
After breakfast, we leave Taroudant in direction of Essaouira to explore its Skala, port, the medina, souks, and of course the beach. Accommodation and dinner in a hotel.
Day 6: Essaouira – Marrakech
After breakfast, we leave Essaouira to Marrakech. On the way, we will make some photo stops to admire argan trees forest and charming small Berber town. Arriving in Marrakech in the afternoon.
- Private 4X4 vehicle with A/C + fuel.
- English speaking driver/guide.
- Pick up & drop off at your hotel in Marrakech.
- Accommodation with dinner and breakfast.
- Lunch on Day 3.
- Camel trekking in the desert.
- Overnight in a traditional nomad desert camp.
- Adequate time to explore places, stop for photos, and toilet.
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation in Marrakech
- Entrance fees to all the sites and monuments
- Drinks and extra snacks
- Tips and gratuities
- Whatever not mentioned as included